The term “blog” is an abbreviated form of the word “weblog”. It is defined as a journal that is based on the web where people can bring out their thoughts, perceptions and opinions on the Internet. For any individual who wants to start blogging, the first question that comes to mind is how to start a blog. Almost anyone can actually begin a blog. For those who are wondering how to start a blog, starting to blog is pretty simple, straight-forward and in most cases are for free.
How to start a blog? Here’s what you have to do:
1. Look for a respectable blogging provider that appeals to you. Majority of these blogging sites offer ready-made templates and click-button publishing that will not require much of the complicated technical skills.
2. The moment that you have registered with the blogging provider that you have chosen, you can see that there is already a gallery of ready-made outlines that you may choose from. From these templates, you can also choose a color format, the design and format of your blog.
3. You may also want to add blogging freebies such as tag boards, buttons, imoods, maps, comment boxes where readers may provide their inputs, blog chalks, images, guest books and many others.
4. You may also want to look for a blogging provider which offers more features for a small charge.
5. Make your mind up if you want to make your blog either private or public. Do you wish for other Internet users to be able to read your blog? Or do you only prefer friends and relatives to be able to read it? Majority of these blog sites offer the capability to protect your published post through a password so that only the persons who you have approved can view and be able to read what you have written.
6. After successfully setting up your page, test it out by writing some posts. From here, you can easily make some amendments to wither the design or layout of your page that you see fit. If you choose to get a new template, it is only practical to see if it fits your style. At the beginning, it may seem hard to begin a new topic to write about. However, when you have already got used to writing daily blogs, you will soon get hooked to it. You may write about your day, or events that you have been to, your thoughts, ideas, pleasure, current events, the news music, fashion, movies and almost virtually everything that you are interested in!
7. Establish a blogging circle by visiting other blogs. You may add comments into these other blogs together with your blogging address so that they can visit your blog too. However, this is not possible of your blog is private.
8. Distribute your blog by giving the URL address of your blog site to your friends and families. You may also publish the address of your blog to your website or add the URL to comments that you leave on other blogs.